Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pineapple


Old Navy Jacket and Pineapple Tank, Joe Fresh Skirt, Stella & Dot Necklace, J Crew Bag, Sam Edelman Pumps, Ray-Ban Sunnies, Gorjana Bracelet, Michael Kors Watch

Good morning,

Last week, a tragedy hit my hometown. A gunman shot five police officers, killing three. Never has something like that happened where I grew up, let alone my home province of New Brunswick. My family and friends were under lockdown, and I spent most of the 30 hours it took for the gunman to get caught informing them of the ongoing situation. My mother was telling me she still feels unsure about walking in her neighbourhood, and understandable so. Today, there will be funeral for the fallen officers, and my thoughts are with them and their families.

And now that I've explained where my brain was last week (it didn't feel right not to), here's a look I wore on a really hot day early last week. A pineapple tank! While I'm not really one to be attracted to prints, and silly ones at that, this pineapple tank was just too cute to pass up.

Also wanted to mention that today marks 4 years with my boyfriend. Happy 4 years to my best friend and partner in crime! We both took the day off work with plans to hit the beach. I think a relaxation will do us some good!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about what's been happening in your hometown on the news.

    Re. pineapples: So neat to see this classic motif return with a vengeance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your hometown. It seems like there's a shooting here in the US every week. It's definitely heartbreaking.

    But I love your outfit. The gold pineapple shirt looks so cute with the stripes! And happy anniversary to you and your boyfriend!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete