Thursday, February 20, 2014

Inspired by... Downton Abbey

Inspired by Downton Abbey


Like many others before me, I've fallen for Downton Abbey. After watching all 4 seasons in 3 weeks, it's safe to say I'm obsessed. Watching the show, I couldn't help but be amazed at the detailing in all the costumes. I've never been one to love vintage wear, but Downton Abbey seriously make the 20s fashion look amazing. Searching for inspiration for this collage, I found a few designers that were inspired by the 20s - Parker, for example, has a lot of flapper-like dresses. And Eugenia Kim's hats that look like they are straight from the 20s. My favorite pieces are the jewels though. J Crew has a few 20s style jewels that have my heart - art deco necklace, you will be mine!

Are you a fan of Downton Abbey? What's your opinion on 20s fashion? Aye or nay? 

7 comments:

  1. Ooo I love all of those dresses, especially the white one. Downton Abbey is seriously amazing.

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Downton Abbey! The hats are my favorite =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downton = the BEST. Love it so much. And love these picks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such great picks! love the parker sequin number

    www.thecasualclassic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Downton! The last season (3?) Mary had this deep red dress with beading that was just absolutely gorgeous! How fun (yet kind of annoying) to have had to dress up like that everyday. Great picks here!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great show and beautiful picks.

    Happy Friday!
    Love,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The white Parker dress is my favorite! So glam!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete